Search alphabetically: ? All Flora Species # |A |B |C |D |E |F |G |H |I |J |K |L |M |N |O |P |Q |R |S |T |U |V |W |X |Y |Z

Search by types : Herbs Grasses Shrubs Trees Cacti Succulents Fungi Moss Lichen Algae Ferns Palms Epiphytes Miscellaneous

I'm after a certain look for my garden

Friday 18 September 2015  at 3:50 pm
Having a narrow in width and long in length garden beds has limited me in designing a garden that will display all the plants I want to add to it. I love a lush green garden especially one that looks tropical. But here lies the problem: even a tree like a wattle tree will take up too much mid ground room leaving less room for me to walk around the front lawn. The lawn has to stay regardless so I have to come up with inventive ways to create the look I want with the plants I have already and will purchase in the future.

This is the kind of look I'm after with my garden, generally.




But with a whole lot of colour at various times of the year as in this image below.


I am after various foliage texture, shape and size, leaf colour variations, and flowers that are not only colourful but unique and spectacular to look at. All the while I am trying to achieve this with mostly Australian native plants.

My recently purchased Cabbage Palms (an Australian Native) and a few native trees will add the texture, fragrance of flowers and a general tropical feel to my garden. However, the trees naturally will grow the wrong shape that I want in my garden so changing the way they grow is my only option.

I'm currently trying to come up with a design to intertwine some of the tree branches once they get older so the trees not only create a canopy of shade but will be difficult to know which plant is which. Planting trees close together might hopefully reduce their ability to grow to their full height. Its a theory I still need to research.

3 comments:

  1. Still working on [co="blue"]it[/co].

    ReplyDelete
  2. [im]https://get.google.com/albumarchive/113131886758286260529/album/AF1QipOr3zWu5JYhHhVaTfXONQq_AmE8Bi8fWoe5rbke/AF1QipMaq0koGdw2hHF6T_hUKMbAktthJM7Pf-3FhQt-[/im]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [im]http://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/alien/solar.gif[/im]

    ReplyDelete
Your Answer Thanks for contributing an answer to Blogger Tutorials for everyone! Please make sure your answer is NOT a SPAM comment, as such comments will be deleted. Provide details and share your research. Avoid statements based solely on opinion; only make statements you can back up with an appropriate reference, or personal experiences. Comment Options to add to the form below:
Of course, you can add various combinations of the above to your comment as long as you place the ending tags in the right locations.


Features:

To change your text to bold simply type in a left facing arrow then a UPPERCASE letter b then a right facing arrow. Then add your text, followed by typing in a left facing arrow, then type in /B and then a right facing arrow.

To change your text to italics simply type in a left facing arrow then a lowercase letter i then a right facing arrow. Then add your text, followed by typing in a left facing arrow, then type in /i and then a right facing arrow.

To change the colour of your text type in [co="red"]Add your text here[/co] You can change the colour of the text by either typing in the colour's word or by adding a hex colour code that includes the hash symbol.

Your text goes here. To add a marquee text type in [ma]Add your text here[/ma]

To add an image or gif type in [im]Add your image or gif URL here[/im]

Of course, you can add various combinations of the above to your comment as long as you place the ending tags in the right locations.

To add a Youtube video as a comment use either one of the two codes below and replace the video url with the one you want to add as a comment.
[video=ADD-ENTIRE-VIDEO-URL-THAT-YOU-VIEW-ON-THE-WATCH-PAGE-ON-YOUTUBE-HERE]
[video=ADD-ENTIRE-VIDEO-URL-THAT-YOU-VIEW-ON-THE-watch?feature=player_detailpage-HERE]

FAQ

YOUR OPINION COUNTS! A list of topics that I am thinking of writing about but need feedback from visitors before I go ahead with it.

Click to view more Pages
 

Talking Avatar

Back To Top Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button Generator - Create Your Own Logo

Scroll to Bottom Back To Top